The City of Albany knows that keeping a business afloat during a crisis is not easy. We also know that many small businesses are being left out of the federal loans & grants that are being offered during this time. We are here to help and want to assist our local businesses.
Albany Small Business Relief Program
The City of Albany is offering grants of $2,500 to $10,000 to small businesses that are located in the city of Albany. These grants are being administered by the Department of Community and Economic Development.
- Business Type: LLC, S-Corps, Sole Proprietorship (nonprofits are not eligible)
- Businesses with gross receipts of $500,000 or less and no more than 15 employees
- Been in business in Albany, GA for 2+ years
- Must also apply for CARES Act Funding
WHAT YOU NEED?
- Current Business License
- Georgia State Registration
- Copy of invoice or statements from creditors to be paid with this funding
- Proof of payments of property taxes, if applicable
- If funds are to be used for payroll assistance three months of payroll registers will be required
Watch this Application Guidance Webinar before you click "Apply Now" to learn more about the program.
For more information contact:
Phyllis Brown (email@example.com, 229-302-1235)
Barbara Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org, 229-302-1237)
City of Albany Utility Assistance
The City of Albany is offering utility assistance to businesses affected by the Covid-19 crisis who are located in the City of Albany. They are doing this in two ways:
- Early Refund Deposits - Deposits will be refunded to all commercial customers that have maintained an "A" customer payment status for the last 12 months.
- Flexible Payment Arrangements - Albany Utilities will offer flexible payment plans to ALL commercial customers located in the city of Albany.
For more information please contact Mary Singleton (email@example.com, 229-302-1344 or 229-302-1345)
The City of Albany is providing a series of webinars to assist local small businesses who are interested in applying for all or part of the CARES Act programs. These webinars will provide a basic overview of the programs, how to apply, and provide resources and connections to assist business owners who need help accessing these programs. These webinars will also cover the Local Albany Small Business Relief Program.
- Webinars are open to all City of Albany business owners who are interested in learning more about the CARES ACT & the Albany Small Business Relief Program. The Small Business Relief Program Webinar Q & A Responses are also available.
- Small businesses can still apply for both the CARES ACT and Utility Assistance programs.
Small Business Relief Program Webinar: June 18th
Small Business Relief Program Webinar: June 25th
For more information contact:
Lequrica Gaskins (firstname.lastname@example.org, 229-483-7665)
Scott Chastain (email@example.com , 229-234-1222)
CARES Act Education Webinars - For anyone who could not attend one of the scheduled webinars we have a link to a recorded video of a webinar as well as a link to download the PDF of the presentation
US Chamber Guide to PPP - These resources are being updated weekly and provide indepth information regaring the Payrole Protection Program.
US Chamber Guide to EIDL - These resources are being updated weekly and provide indepth information regaring the Payrole Protection Program.
US Chamber Guide to ERTC - These resources are being updated weekly and provide indepth information regaring the Payrole Protection Program.
SBA CARES Act Resource Page - Great resource for all small businesses. Local SBA chapter located in Albany.
SBA Guide to Lenders in your Area - If you are having trouble finding a bank, here is a resource to find ones in your area that are participating.