The Network Operations division proactively identifies and resolves events that may affect the performance of the systems and network. Our goal is to advance the City of Albany's enterprise mission by implementing technical frameworks that leverages practices and fuels business success.
This division delivers a highly available, secure network infrastructure for the City of Albany and Dougherty County with:
- Extensive Evaluation
- Careful Planning
- Proactive 24/7/365 Monitoring All Year
- Excellent Customer Service
The Security Team develops the processes and procedures to identify and mitigate security risks that includes responding to possible security breaches. We define requirements and baselines for compliance measurements , then conduct audits periodically to ensure the organization is conducting business in a safe and efficient manner.
Recent Year's Accomplishments:
- Implemented a new Voice Over Internet Protocol(VoIP) phone system to improve communication capabilities
- Migrated and consolidated disparate networks to promote business efficiency
- Implemented best in class network firewalls, anti-virus, and perimeter filtering technologies to raise organization’s security posture to meet the ever increasing cyber threats
- Implemented mandatory security training for users and conducted periodic testing to gauge the initiative's effectiveness
- Implemented a cloud based productivity suite and cloud based technologies to increase reliability and promote collaboration
- Deployed all a totally new network switch infrastructure to increase capacity, capability, and network visibility