The programs listed below will be offered in the summer of 2019. Dates and other details will be available in spring 2019.
Carver Pool & Spray Park - Dates TBA (Closed until May 2019)
Open swim days/times: Pool is open Tuesday - Saturday
- Session 1: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Session 2: 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
- Session 3: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Fees: Admission is free for public swim hours.
Classes: Water workout, swim lessons; call for times and fees
Location: 1021 S. McKinley, 430-5244
Summer Playgrounds Program
Offered from late May through the middle of July every summer (closed Independence Day), Monday - Friday from 9 am - 1 pm at the following sites:
- Gordon Sports Complex Playground(800 Willie Pitts Road)
- C.W. Heath Park (1000 Maple Ave.)
Children ages 7-17 are eligible to participate. Free lunch offered for ages 18 and under through the Seamless Summer Option administered by the DCSS School Nutrition Department.
Fit 2 Be Me! Healthy Lifestyle Camp
This fun, healthy fitness camp for youth ages 7-16 is offered at Carver Community Center (1023 S. McKinley) from late May through July . Activities include arts & crafts, indoor & outdoor sports, table games, talent contests, community gardening, and much more! For further information, contact Linda Harris at 430-5243.
Hook a Kid on Golf
Flint River Municipal Golf Course - 2000 McAdams Road, 430-5267
Ages 6 - 10; fee of $35 per child
For further information, contact Kimberly Patterson at KPatterson@albanyga.gov
Seamless Summer Option: Feeding Georgia's Kids Summer Meals
Free lunches for children 18 and under are available from late May through the middle of July (closed Independence Day), Monday - Friday at the following locations:
- Bill Miller Community Center—312 Vick St.
- Carver Community Center—1023 S. McKinley
- Carver Gym—410 Mercer Ave.
- C. W. Heath Park Playground —1000 Maple Ave.
- Gordon Sports Complex Playground —800 Willie Pitts Road
- Henderson Community Center—701 Willard Ave.
- Lockett Station Community Center—324 Lockett Station Road
This program is for children ages 18 and under. Children 6 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during meals. Sponsored by the Dougherty County School System, Georgia School Nutrition Program, and the Georgia Department of Education.
Summer Program at Centers & Gyms
Activities include: various sports, table games, indoor/outdoor games, Dougherty County Public Library's Reading Program, kids' exercise & fitness, guest speakers, and much more! For further information, call 430-5222. The program runs from late May through July. Closed on Memorial Day and Independence Day. For:
- Ages 7–14 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Ages 15-17 from 2:30 pm—5:30 pm
- Bill Miller Community Center
- Carver Gym
- Henderson Community Center
- Lockett Station Community Center.