The Albany Dougherty County Planning Commission will conduct a public hearing on Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 2:00 p.m. for the following application:
- Jeff Lanier (20-015) has submitted an application to the Albany Dougherty Planning Commission requesting a variance in order to construct a ground sign 40’ in height in lieu of the maximum 20’ height allowed in the M-1 (Restricted Industrial District) as stated in Article II. Section 2-13.3-32 of the Dougherty County Sign Ordinance. The property address is 1400 Moultrie Rd. The property owner is BLOC Holdings, LLC; the applicant is Jeff Lanier.
- The public virtual meeting begins at 2:00 p.m., and will be held via the “Zoom” virtual-meeting platform.
- Meeting ID: 810 3127 2081 Password: 324098 Dial In: +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- One Tap Mobile: +13126266799,,81031272081#,,1#,324098# US (Chicago).
Join Zoom Meeting
If you should need assistance participating in the “Zoom” meeting, please contact the Planning & Development Services Department at (229) 438-3901, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., no later than 3:00 p.m., June 15, 2020.
Public meetings will resume via a virtual meeting platform until further notice, due to COVID-19 Precautions
- Albany-Dougherty Planning Commission - June 16 at 2: p.m.; July 9 at 2 p.m.
- Albany-Dougherty Historic Preservation Commission - July 8 at 10 a.m. (tentative).
Changes to Planning Application and Permitting Procedures
Until further notice, Planning & Development Services will not be accepting applications in paper form. Various planning applications are available below or on the Applications Page.
Planning staff are available by telephone or email during regular business hours.
To submit permit applications to Development Services, please follow instructions below and email your application to email@example.com.
Albany Inspection FAQs
General Development Permit Application
Scope of Work (additional sheet)
Homeowner Permit Affidavit 2020
Remote Video Inspections
Restore Power Form (Used by licensed electricians)
Please see the Development Services Page for more information.
P.O. Box 447
240 Pine Avenue/Suite 300
Albany, GA 31702
Phone: (229) 438-3901
Fax: (229) 438-3965
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Planning & Development Services Department is comprised of two divisions: Planning & Zoning, and Development Services (Inspection). We are dedicated to promoting the improvement, conservation, and revitalization of Albany and Dougherty’s physical and social environment. The Department also serves as professional and administrative staff to DARTS, the Dougherty Area Regional Transportation Study, which is the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) serving the area. More information can be found at the DARTS website at DARTSMPO.org.
Planning & Zoning is responsible for the administration of local ordinances that govern all uses and development of land within the City of Albany and unincorporated Dougherty County. This includes the development and administration of the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Site Plan and Subdivision Ordinances, Floodplain Management Plan and Floodplain Ordinances, and Sign Ordinances. The staff also provides support to several citizen commissions and boards, including Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, Albany Dougherty Land Bank and Floodplain Management Review Board.
Development Services strives to provide the highest quality of public service while ensuring compliance with the Georgia State Building Code and other applicable local codes and ordinances. We serve as a resource of information for our residents, design professionals, contractors, builders, and developers to ensure that the built environment is constructed and maintained in a safe, energy efficient, and accessible manner. We strive to set the standard for excellence in public service with relation to the construction and development needs of the citizens of Albany and Dougherty County.