The Temporary Business Application was specifically designed for seasonal merchants to apply and obtain their Occupational Tax Certificate (business license) within one hour. The City has tremendously reduced the amount of regulatory requirements for this application to ensure that the merchant’s overall efforts are focused on success, rather than on processes.
Business Owners requesting a permit to conduct business on the property of another may complete the entire process in as little as 3 Steps.
- Complete the first page of the attached application.
- The owner of the property completes the Owner’s Affidavit (second page).
- Once both sides have been completed, submit the application to the License & Business Support Department. A government issued I.D. and the permit fee of $125.00 is required at the time of submission. Please note that the first page of the application must be notarized. Notaries are available in the License & Business Support Department. The Owner’s Affidavit (second page) does not require a notary signature.
After completing the application and obtaining any additional permits (if necessary) an Occupational Tax Certificate will be issued.
- Those who will conduct business for less than 90 days in the City of Albany/Dougherty County.
- Those who are a U.S. Citizen or a legal permanent resident.
- Those who employ fewer than 10 employees.
- Those who will conduct business at an outside location.
Do's and Don'ts
- All temporary entities are subject to inspection by the Albany-Dougherty Marshal’s Division.
- Authorized permits will only be issued with permission of the property owner, unless the applying business also owns the property. Vending outside of the permitted area is prohibited.
- No booths may be set up on the City’s right-of ways.
- Business Owners are prohibited from entering the roadway to conduct any sales.
- Business Owners are prohibited from playing loud and/or obscene music. Noncompliance may cause revocation of the issued permit.
- Food vendors are required to complete a temporary food event permit application from the Dougherty County Environmental Health and adhere to all rules and regulations governing food preparation. They are located at 240 Pine Ave, 3rd floor, Suite 360 (229-438-3943).
- If a tent is to be erected (greater than 200 square feet), you must obtain a permit from the Planning Department. They are located at 240 Pine Ave, Suite 300 (229-438-3901)
- Signs, flags or structures must be placed in a manner that does not obstruct the vision of intersections or passing motorist.
- Business owners are responsible for the disposal of their own trash.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited.