The City of Albany Commercial Façade Improvement Program (CFIP) Program utilizes Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) funding provided by the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide an investment incentive that will aid in revitalization of commercial areas by improving the physical appearance of buildings. The CFIP offers financial assistance to eligible property owners and/or tenants seeking to rehabilitate commercial building facades in Downtown Albany and neighborhood commercial areas within the City’s strategic planning areas.
This program is designed to meet the below objectives in providing support for redevelopment areas and preservation of existing historic resources through appropriate building treatments and design.
- Improvement of visual quality of the buildings and streetscapes
- Preservation of the uniqueness and historic fabric of the area
- Enhancement and restoration of buildings to create attraction for new businesses
- Restoration of the economic vitality and investment confidence
- Achievement of a high standard of design for individual buildings
- Usage of high quality materials and workmanship on building facades
For more information, please contact Barbara Francis at 229-483-7647.