In late 2016, the Board of City Commissioners and City Manager decided to begin the process of developing the plan that will secure the communities future. The strategic plan is a detailed road-map on how to implement the following strategic priorities established by city leadership.
1. Safe, sustainable, and business-friendly
2. Economic development and jobs
3. Infrastructure and asset management
4. Promotion of the City of Albany as a great place to live, work, and play
5. Effective and excellent service delivery
6. Fiscal responsibility
Mayor Dorothy Hubbard stated, "The City Commission and staff invite all citizens and stakeholders to be partners in Albany's future by supporting the vision of a thriving community that supports economic development and facilitates the employment opportunities and quality of life amenities expected by our citizens and businesses."
For more information on the strategic plan, please contact Monique Broughton Knight, Public Information Officer at 229.733.2225.