It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, distribute, or to sell or offer for sale at wholesale or retail in the City of Albany & Dougherty County. In order to sell alcoholic beverages you must first have a local Occupational Tax Certificate. In addition obtain an alcohol license from both the local government and state. The state license will be processed by the Georgia Department of Revenue.
To apply for local license you must:
1. Be a resident of Dougherty County, or have a local agent.
2. Have a lease agreement for the proposed location.
3. Have Articles of Incorporation from the Secretary of State (if applies)
- Albany - Dougherty Alcohol Process
- Eligibility for Alcohol Licenses
- City of Albany Alcohol License Application
- Dougherty County Alcohol License Application
- City of Albany One-Day Alcohol Application
- Dougherty County One-Day Alcohol License Application
- Alcohol Beverage Handlers Permit
- Statement of Understanding-Employees
- Schedule of Fees
- City of Albany Code of Ordinances: Alcohol Licenses
- Dougherty County Code of Ordinances: Alcoholic Beverages
- State of Georgia Alcohol License