We Offer Great Benefits
- Life, Health, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Military Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Retirement
- Take-Home Police Car
- Uniforms, Equipment, Footwear
- Use VA Benefits
- Must be at least 20 years old.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Physically, emotionally & mentally able to perform duties.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License (or able to obtain one if from out of state).
- No felony convictions.
- Pass a background investigation, drug screen, psychological screen, physical agility test, and a cognitive test.
- Good moral character.
Where to Apply?
City of Albany Human Resource Department
222 Pine Ave
Albany, Georgia 31702
The Georgia Department of Veterans Service approves the Albany Police Department for Apprenticeship/On-the-Job Training programs for persons desiring to be police officers and are eligible for VA Education Benefits.
Recruitment and Retention Unit
Lt. William Henry (229) 431-3249
Corporal Jere Parks (229)483-7645
Ms. Cynthia Dent (229) 431-3295
Email our recruiters at APDRecruits@dougherty.ga.us.
The City of Albany ensures equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Federal Law prohibits discrimination against employees or applicants concerning race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, genetic information or disability. City of Albany Job Listings